By Avijit Biswas
Bhagalpur: Unidentified criminals shot dead a property dealer late last night near pond located at Haldibara under Habibpur police station of city. The victim identified as Rakesh Kumar Singh was resident of teacher’s colony situated near Maheshpur Kali temple under Babarganj police station.
As per information the victim was shot dead from point blank range giving rise to doubt that victim was fired upon by killers in course of conversation. Four empty and two live cartridges have been recovered by police from place of occurrence.
Soon after being intimated by locals about the killing, investigation into the incident was started by police. Though exact motive behind the killing is not clear yet however it is suspected dispute over land dealing led to the murder.
The mother of victim in her statement given to police has alleged involvement of two people residing in Katghar area besides another person residing in Baijani village in murder of her son.
She has told police that her son along with aforesaid suspects had done plotting of land holding in Baijani village. The said suspects owed Rs 25 lakhs to her son she further told adding her son was killed as he was asking for the amount.
As per mother of the victim her son had taken legal recourse to realize his dues from the suspects. She has intimated police that after receiving a phone call late evening he had left home last night.
A police team consisting senior officials has been constituted by SSP Anand Kumar to nab the killers. The footage of CCTV cameras near place of occurrence have been scanned by investigating team. As per information police has been able to get some clues by scanning the footages that could be vital in identifying the killers.
- Teachers Strongly Resent TMBU Decision of Cancelling Summer Vacation
- Eastern Railway Renovates Well from Which Water Once Used to be Transported to Jorasanko Residence of Tagore’s at Kolkata through Rail Route
- Injured Greater Adjutants Released in their Natural Habitat After Successful Treatment at Rescue and Rehabilitation Center
- Two New Additions Soon in List of Paddy Varieties Cultivated in Bihar
- Jamalpur Locomotive Workshop Gets Green Silver Rating from CII Green Co
- Mango Production in Bhagalpur Region Likely to Hit New High this Season
Writer Avijit Biswas, former principal correspondent of Hindustan Times Bhagalpur bureau, can be contacted at email@example.com
Contact number (mobile): +919431095516