Wednesday, April 17, 2024
Home News Matrubhoomi Arpan Yojana: UP govt to approve development work within 30 days...

Matrubhoomi Arpan Yojana: UP govt to approve development work within 30 days of donors’ contribution

Yogi Cabinet approved the scheme on Tuesday, allowing affluent Indians withing the country & abroad to contribute to India’s development

Scheme allows upto 60% funding from citizens, 40% from state govt

Upon completion of work, name of the contributor will be displayed on the stone plate above the infrastructure facility

Dept of Urban Development will ensure publicity of the scheme through DMs and embassies

By Our Correspondent

Lucknow: If any native of Uttar Pradesh, residing in another state or abroad, or any private organization, wishes to donate for developmental projects or infrastructural enhancement within the jurisdiction of any urban body in the state, the administrative approval for such endeavors will be processed by the respective District Magistrate within 30 days of the donated amount and progress reports of the work will be submitted to the government.

To prevent duplication of work under other schemes, technological tools such as geo-tagging will be employed. Additionally, the donated amount will only be deposited into the escrow account established under the scheme.

It is noteworthy that the Yogi government approved the ‘Uttar Pradesh Matribhoomi Arpan Yojana’ during the cabinet meeting on Tuesday. This scheme enables Uttar Pradesh citizens residing outside the state, or abroad, to collaborate with the government in carrying out developmental projects for their homeland.

Donors will bear up to 60 percent of the cost of development work

Urban Development Minister AK Sharma stated, “Uttar Pradesh citizens residing within the country or abroad, as well as private organizations, who wish to facilitate development and infrastructure enhancement within any urban area in the state, can now contribute through this scheme.”

Under this initiative, they will only be required to cover 60 percent of the development costs, with the remaining 40 percent being provided by the state government. Moreover, donors will receive recognition for their contributions. Their names or the names of their organizations will be prominently displayed at an appropriate location on the building or infrastructure facility, as outlined in the proposal, on a stone slab or plate of the size specified by the state government, he informed.

Scheme will be promoted in the country and abroad

To ensure the smooth implementation of the scheme, extensive publicity will be conducted both nationally and internationally. For this, cooperation of Indian embassies located in different countries will be taken and through the District Magistrates, information regarding this scheme will be made available by sending letters to different states of the country and people living abroad.

Furthermore, the donors will be invited as chief guests to programs organized during national festivals such as January 26th, August 15th, and October 2nd, as well as other government events. Various other promotional strategies will also be employed to enhance the visibility of this scheme.

Development work will accelerate

Sharma mentioned that a significant number of individuals from Uttar Pradesh are employed in various cities across the country and overseas. “Affluent individuals residing in different cities across the nation, as well as those living abroad, have a desire to contribute to the development of their hometown. However, for lack of an organized platform, they are unable to provide the desired level of support and contribution. This scheme has been specifically launched to address this need,” he stated.

He said that there is a huge scope for work in urban bodies. It is recognized that to effectively develop these areas and establish necessary infrastructure facilities, increasing private participation alongside government funds and schemes is crucial. This collaboration can expedite completion of work, while also introducing qualitative improvements and incorporating new technologies and ideas. The availability of private investment, technical support, and supervision will enhance the quality of work undertaken.

 

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments