- After opening Atal Residential Schools, Yogi announces another gift for children of UP
- ‘CM Model Composite School will be built on 5-10 acres, identify land: Yogi instructs officials
- Chief Minister holds meet to discuss major changes in basic and secondary education sectors, takes big decisions
- Chief Minister’s instructions: Upgrade composite schools as Chief Minister Abhyudaya Composite Schools, initiative to benefit 26 lakh students
- Complete construction work in the schools selected under PM Shri: Chief Minister
- 250 best council composite schools will also be upgraded, there will be facilities of language lab, smart class, security personnel, modular science lab, robotics and machine learning lab etc.
By Our Correspondent
Lucknow: After the establishment of ‘Atal Residential Schools’ to provide quality education to of laborers’ children and destitute children, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has decided to establish state-of-the-art ‘Chief Minister Model Composite Schools’ in 57 districts of the state and upgrade one composite school each in all 75 districts to Chief Minister Abhyudaya Composite School. In a high-level meeting on Friday, the Chief Minister reviewed the development plan of ‘PM Shri’ schools and gave necessary guidelines in this regard. Major guidelines of the Chief Minister in the meeting are as follows…
● Operation of Atal Residential Schools has started in 18 divisions. Now we will have to move forward in the direction of establishing well-equipped schools in every district from pre-primary to class 12th. Apart from the districts covered by Atal Residential Schools, preparations should be made to establish one ‘Chief Minister Model Composite School’ in each of the remaining 57 districts.
● The ‘Chief Minister Model Composite School’ should be built on a campus of 5-10 acres. For this, the marking of land in the concerned districts should be completed as soon as possible. Initially there should be a minimum of 3 sections for each class. There should be residential facilities for the Principal, teacher cadre and other staff on the school premises.
● World class infrastructure facilities should be provided in the school. There should be smart class for every classroom. There should be a robotics and machine learning center. The school should also be equipped with Composite science and mathematics laboratory for classes 01 to 08, modular laboratory for chemistry, physics for classes 09 to 12, computer lab and language lab, separate libraries for classes 01 to 8 and classes 09 to 12, huge multiple activity hall with playground and open gym, solar panels and rain water harvesting unit, water plant, mid-day meal kitchen and dining hall, washing area, integrated arrangement of multiple handwashing units, modern fire extinguishing equipment and online CCTV cameras.
● ‘PM SHRI (Prime Minister Schools for Rising India) scheme has been announced by the respected Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi with the aim of bringing about comprehensive improvement in basic education. Under the scheme, 1725 government schools of the state have been selected with the cooperation of the Government of India. In the first phase, all the necessary construction work of 272 primary council schools, 570 composite council schools and 82 secondary schools selected for development should be completed by next December as per the guidelines of the Government of India.
● Under PM SHRI, ultra modern technical and digital education system is to be developed in these schools in a phased manner in accordance with the principles of the National Education Policy. Smart classes, ICT lab, language lab, science laboratory, Atal Tinkering Lab will be established in these schools, and they will also be developed as green schools through installation of solar panels, LED lighting, energy efficient resources, nutrition garden, waste management, water conservation etc. Skill hub center will be developed. This will be of great help in providing good facilities to the children of the state.
● 75 schools should be selected from 24,000 composite schools (Pre Primary to Class 08) running in the state and upgraded as Chief Minister Abhyudaya Composite Schools in a phased manner. These Chief Minister Abhyudaya Vidyalayas should have Abhyudaya Block with 5 classrooms, mid-day meal shed, Bal Vatika, Nutrition Vatika, deployment of security personnel, child-friendly furniture, modular desk bench, Wi-Fi and CCTV facilities. Credential-based deployment of excellent teachers from among the already working teachers should be done for these schools. Computer based test should be conducted for selection. Here, opportunities for skill and entrepreneurship development among children should be available through learning by doing model.
● The assistance received from CSR or public representatives has proved useful in providing infrastructure facilities in the council schools of the state, though special efforts are still necessary for many schools. A total of 250 such best council composite schools should be upgraded at the government level, equipped with facilities like language lab, smart class, security personnel, modular science lab, robotics and machine learning lab etc. Its implementation and monitoring should be done under the chairmanship of the District Magistrate.
● Schools located near interstate/international routes should be upgraded. Apart from this, electricity connection work should be carried out in schools affected by natural disasters and unelectrified schools.