- The innovative wastewater treatment technology transforms wastewater into drinking water using principles of Physics, no toxic sludge is generated
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Murugappa Water Technology and Solutions (MWTS), a pioneer in innovative water management, has joined forces with Scalene Livprotec, a leading name in sustainable water solutions to redefine the wastewater industry. Together, they unveiled Aquatron – a groundbreaking wastewater treatment technology poised to revolutionize the water and wastewater industry. Aquatron treats wastewater using the various principles of Physics and brings it up to drinking water standards. There are no biological or chemical processes involved. Aquatron was unveiled at IFAT exhibition, a leading trade fair for water, sewage, solid waste and recycling, in Mumbai, today.
Part of the INR 742 billion (USD 8.8 billion) Murugappa Group, MWTS is one of the country’s leading players in sustainable water treatment and management providing turn-key solutions from concept to commissioning in raw water, process water, effluent treatment and resource recovery systems. With over 4+ decades of presence across industries such as Sugar, Pharma, F&B, Chemicals, Ferrous and non-ferrous, Oil & Gas, Institutional, Semiconductor, EV, Textiles and Leather, MWTS has designed and commissioned more than 600 projects.
Sharing details about the collaboration, Mr. Jayateerth Nadgir, Chief Executive, MWTS said, “We have our laser-sharp focus on Revolutionising and Disrupting wastewater recovery. Our aim is to help our customers reduce operational costs and enjoy Return On Investment benefits. Aquatron is one such product with cutting-edge technology that will increase operational profitability and also, reduce environmental impact. Our association with Scalene Livprotec is set to be a game changer and we are excited about the upcoming interesting projects.”
Dr. Rajesh Bhat – President, Energy and Water, Scalene Livprotec said, “Aquatron represents a patented water recovery technology capable of achieving Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) and Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC). This remarkable achievement is realized without the reliance on chemical or biological processes, Reverse Osmosis (RO), or Evaporator technology. It successfully recovers water to drinking water standards, all while avoiding the generation of toxic sludge and maintaining a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). By leveraging the principles of physics, Aquatron addresses the long-standing challenge of fully reusing water, marking a significant breakthrough in this field.”
Scalene Livprotec, a technology innovation company, invents disruptive Nature Restorative Technologies to prevent ongoing harm to life and the natural world and actively reverses the damage done so far and restores them to their original harmonious state. The technologies help to bolster an organization’s profitability through high levels of automation in the domain of environment and healthcare. Backed by three decades of research, the company designs and develops next-generation technology straddling wastewater management, drinking water, bioenergy, healthcare, aerial biosafety, and advanced materials.
Aquatron uses its patented Fine Particle Shortwave Thrombotic Agglomeration Reactor (FPSTAR) technology based on the principle of physics to convert the impurities present in wastewater into their elemental form and recovers clean water from it. This transforms industrial wastewater into a valuable resource, addressing the most pressing challenges in wastewater treatment. Aquatron, is indeed, a Water Time Machine that aids the circular economy of water.
- The wastewater is bombarded with Specific Frequencies of Dissociation (SFoD) for the different elements in a resonating reactor
- The dissolved solids get broken into their elemental form and get segregated as suspended solids
- The suspended elements agglomerate as mass of elements due to Vander Waals forces
- The impurities are recovered as elements in a non-toxic form
- Clean water is recovered using a Reduction-Facilitated-Osmotic-Diffusion (RFOD) process instead of an RO process
- The recovered water may be used as drinking water/ process water
Aquatron is industry and application-agnostic and can treat any effluent with ease and efficacy.
- Aquatron removes hardness, arsenic, nitrates, heavy metals and PFAS
- Aquatron reduces TDS, COD, and BOD by 95%
- Aquatron removes turbidity, colour, total organic carbon (TOC), and Disinfection Byproduct Precursors (DBP)
The benefits of Aquatron are numerous:
- Helps to achieve the lowest cost ZLD without evaporators
- 100% reuse of recovered water significantly bringing down water footprint
- Resource recovery from sludge in element form
- Byproducts in certain cases can reduce material costs
- Ability to earn carbon credits due to low energy use and innovative tech
- Tremendously low cost of ownership
- Modular growth of your water operations
- Fully automated plant that can be stopped and started based on load