- NDRF’s Regional Response Center will open in Bareilly and Jhansi, make land available, CM instructs officials
- Install early warning system in all 75 districts within three months: CM Yogi
- Uttar Pradesh is the state with maximum disaster friends, disaster friends will be posted in all districts: Chief Minister
- Chief Minister’s directs officials to integrate Emergency Operation Center with ICCC
By Our Correspondent
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday reviewed the ongoing efforts to make disaster management works more effective in the state with mutual coordination between the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) and gave necessary guidelines.
● The availability of qualified and skilled personnel is the primary requirement for relief work in times of disaster. The more skilled are the personnel, the more effective is the relief work. Therefore, it is necessary to set up a center for better training of personnel engaged in disaster management work in the state. Necessary action should be taken in this regard. Cooperation should also be taken from NDRF in this work.
● Minimizing loss of life due to lightning/thunder during rainy season is a big challenge. In 2022-23, 301 people died untimely in 52 districts, while in 2023-24, 174 casualties have been reported in 36 districts so far. It has to be stopped at all costs and this can be done with the help of technology. Effective efforts should be made in this direction without delay.
● Install early warning system in all 75 districts within the next three months. Today the technology has improved so much that it can be detected three to four hours before the lightning strikes, while the exact location can be known one hour before. If people get information in time, there will be no loss of public money. Digital platforms like Damini App, Meghdoot developed by the Government of India should also be widely publicised.
● Emergency Operation Centers have been set up in all the districts. These should be integrated with ICCC under Safe City. Install functional public address system in all gram panchayats and urban bodies. These should be linked to the early warning system.
● NDRF and SDRF personnel have presented a unique example of service and efficiency in times of disaster. NDRF Headquarters building in Lucknow is functional. NDRF’s Regional Response Center is to be set up in Bareilly and Jhansi. Necessary land should be made available for this.
● The role of Aapda Mitras is very important in times of disaster. Uttar Pradesh is the most disaster-prone state. In the districts where they are not deployed yet, it should be done immediately. The process of their training should also be completed expeditiously.
● Uttar Pradesh is the first state where end-to-end computerized relief management system has been implemented for distribution of disaster relief. In this, the entire process from beneficiary selection, digital approval and transfer of funds to the account has become paperless, thereby ensuring transparency as well as timeliness in distribution of relief. Try to make it more useful.
● Safety of personnel engaged in rescue work should also be ensured in case of disaster like flood etc. Small boats should not be used in rains/floods. Boats must have safety arrangements like life jackets.
● Public awareness should be further increased regarding ‘what to do-what not to do’ at the time of calamities like flood, earthquake, lightning etc. Volunteers of schools, colleges, universities, NCC, NSS, Scout Guide etc. should be made aware about disaster relief works.
● Often in rural areas, there are tragic incidents of children drowning in rivers and ponds. Awareness is the biggest weapon to stop this. Work should be done in this direction.
- We are building a museum in memory of Chhatrapati Shivaji, previous govt was doing it in memory of Aurangzeb, says UP CM Yogi
- Yogi Govt to include Safe City App in Smart City App
- Yogi govt clears air on qualification to facilitate recruitments in govt depts in UP
- 99% to 100% plantations targets achieved in 8 aspirational districts of UP
- Yogi Govt to provide grants to shelter homes for mentally challenged